The MIT Enterprise Forum announces the 10 finalists at the MITEF Greece Startup Competition out of 24 pre-selected startups. During the Closing Ceremony and Award event that will take place on July 6, 2017 the teams will present their ideas in front of the audience and the jury.
At the end, three winners will be selected. As announced, the final three winners will win cash but also services that will help them to further develop their company. On top of this, the winners will have the opportunity to showcase their products and services at the MITEF Global , the international non-profit network dedicated to innovation and technological entrepreneurship and gain international recognition.
According to the jury, this year’s focus during the competition will be Big Data, Internet of Things and Smart Cities. The winners will be selected based on these criteria.
These year finalist in alphabetical order are the following startups:
– Active Social Networking (ASN) – is a monitoring and alerting system that ensures the quality of bottled wine in the whole supply chain until it reaches the end consumer.
– CityCrop Automated Indoor Farming – is a connected indoor garden that lets you grow pesticide-free vegetables, herbs and fruits in your own home.
– Cube RM – develops a Pricing Management & Optimization SaaS platform can predict the impact of price changes, probability of success, and calculate optimum prices, while ensuring a smooth transition from legacy systems and reduced implementation time & cost.
– Entranet – has designed and developed the easiest smart home system ever. The easiest to install, to use, to configure & update. The design is based on the interaction simplicity in everyday use of technology. Entranet’s mission is to make every house in the world smart.
– Exclusivi – offers hotels intelligence for driving guest spending and interfaces that are easy, engaging & fun.
– Fresh Strips – is a plastic sticker which gets attached to food or medical supplies packages and indicates if the product is safe by changing color.
– OpenIchnos – fill the security gap of the assets of SMEs in rental boat market. It provides an energy autonomous tracking system with SOS alert service, having worldwide satellite coverage.
– SentiGeek – is automated cloud SaaS for customer comments analysis. It is based on ΑΙ technologies, language technologies & cognitive theory. It generates industry-specific results about brands, products, services & their features.
– Spotawheel – is a trusted online dealer for used cars, creating great value for both buyers and sellers through their technology and unique business model.
– Tesibit – SaaS platform uses Machine Learning and Advanced Process Control technology to continuously monitor operations, assess productivity in real time, and significantly boost the performance of the system to large-scale installations.
Just three months ago, these 10 companies were enrolled in a 3 month program that gave them opportunity to acquire business expertise through practical guidance and special workshops on topics and business skills while exploring partnerships for subsequent development in the international market.
The MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) Greece Startup Competition is a technology accelerating competition in which Greek startups compete for prizes. This competition give the startups in Greece access to the practical knowledge, mentorship, and resources to take their venture to the next level. According to the company’s website, competition winners are the best of the best in Greece, and receive global recognition through the MIT Enterprise Forum Global, a global network devoted to enabling early-stage entrepreneurs to transform ideas into world-changing companies.