- This event has passed.
Start Tel Aviv Competition Athens
September 3, 2017 - September 7, 2017
The Embassy of Israel in Greece and the Impact Hub Athens, a Greek organization founded with the vision of creating an ecosystem that promotes and enhances the innovative and socially positive entrepreneurship, is pleased to announce the organization of entrepreneurship contest Start Tel Aviv 2017 which will take place on July 5, 2017 in Athens! This is the third time that the competition is organized in Greece.
The Start Tel Aviv is a global contest, held at the initiative of the Israeli Foreign Ministry and the Tel Aviv Global, bringing together innovative companies from 30 different countries and offering them the opportunity to become acquainted with the innovative startup ecosystem in Tel Aviv. This year, the Start Tel Aviv invites startup companies from the broader field of social entrepreneurship and urban development. The prize is an intensive, five-day training experience in the heart of Tel Aviv during the exciting and innovative DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival , on 3-7 September 2017. The winner from Greece along with 30 winners selected countries -were conducted while the competition – will have the unique opportunity to participate in a specially designed program and to get to know the business ecosystem in Tel Aviv.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Greek startups from the fields of social entrepreneurship and/or urban development ICT, IOT, web, and mobile technology in early seed funding stage in order “to make the world a better place”.
- The team representatives must be aged 25-37 years old (exceptions are made).
- The team must have a prototype to present and to have proven itself already.
- The participants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and media attractive companies.
- An independent (not a subsidiary of a large and established) company.
- Winner must speak English.
WHAT’S THE PRIZE?
- The winner goes to Tel Aviv, Israel!
- The prize is a one-week all-expenses paid trip for winners from selected countries around the world. They will participate in lectures, workshops and meetings in a tailor-made 5 day seminar for them at the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival.
WHAT IS THE DLD TEL AVIV INNOVATION FESTIVAL?
- It is Israel’s largest international high-tech gathering, featuring hundreds of startups, VCs, angel investors and leading multinationals.
- It is the best place to network with the entire high-tech community. It is headed by the Israeli entrepreneur Mr. Yossi Vardi.
- You can meet the coolest and smartest companies, investors, designers, techies, artists, from Israel and abroad.
- Further information about the DLD program can be found at www.dldtelaviv.com
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- Fill out your application form in English here.
- Note that only one founding member of a start-up company may submit the company to the competition.
- The prize will be given to the representative who entered the competition.
WHO WILL EVALUATE YOU?
- The jury will consist of professionals, investors and entrepreneurs from Greece. The full list of the jury members will soon be announced.
DON’T MISS THE DEADLINE!
- Applications must be submitted by June 26, 2017. at midnight (Athens local time).
- We will announce the selected candidates for the pitching competition personally and on our social media channels.
WHEN IS THE COMPETITION?
- July 5th 2017 is the date of the “Start Tel Aviv 2017” competition. Participants will be invited to pitch their ideas in front of the jury.
- The venue will be Impact Hub Athens.